Friday, September 11, 2009

Snail Mail...where I'm the snail

So I finally got my key for the community mailbox. After not receiving any mail for a couple of weeks at the post office where my mail was being redirected to, I called Canada Post back up to check on the status on my key. I had thought when I originally called them shortly after I moved in that they told me that the key would be sent there automatically when the community mailbox was set up. Apparently not. So I thought it strange that for over two weeks, there was no mail for me at the post office. I guess I must of misunderstood them originally and that I was expected to call them back to request my keys once the community mailbox was set up. I didn't even notice the community mailbox was set up until last weekend and my neighbour had told me it's been there for a couple weeks. Can you tell that I've been a bit busy? Anyway, I got my keys the next day so I went over to my mailbox and opened it up and saw this:

Guess I can't really blame the postal service being slow at delivering the mail because technically they had delivered my mail...I just couldn't pick it up. And yes, there were a couple of "past due" items. Whoopsie...my bad.

2 comments:

sarah.tolledo said...

Which community mailbox are you located at? Please tell me it's the one across the street on Foxhound Way.

Fernwater@HMB said...

Sarah - yes, that's the one. So not too far but still I'm only checking for mail once or twice a week. Got spoiled when it was delivered right to my house all these years. :)