Monday, August 17, 2009

A little motion to light your way

Another change that I recently did was swapping out the outside lights to fixtures with motion sensors. The lights will automatically turn on when it senses movement. So when people go up my driveway or the porch at night, the light will turn on. I've got it set so that it will stay on for three minutes. And the lights will not turn on during the day. I think the fixtures look pretty good. I got them from Rona and I believe Home Depot carries them as well. Cost is $70 each. My neighbours seem to be enjoying them as well as they're close enough that they will trigger them and it lights their way in. Aren't I a thoughtful neighbour? :)

(Before / After)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

They look great! And a good idea! I'll have to steal your idea!! :-P Hope you're enjoying your new place!