Monday, April 12, 2010

Picaso I am not

So over the weekend, I decided to paint the walls of my garage. I just went with a white colour and figured that it would just brighten it up a bit instead of looking at wall spackling. I also wanted to do it before I started hanging up cabinets and other stuff. I went with the Behr Premium Plus Ultra paint from Home Depot which is a primer and paint together. I wasn't looking for a perfect paint job, nor did I want to do more than one coat. I did give the walls a really light sanding but you can still see some seams and rough spots here and there. I literally slapped the paint on the walls and you can see certain spots where it's not super even or may see some lines here and there. But that's okay, I wasn't expecting a work of art although some would argue what passes for art these days. I was also reminded how much I dislike painting which doesn't bode well for when it comes time to paint the inside of the house. Hmmm...hiring painters may be something to consider. Anyway, the garage looks much nicer and brighter with the paint. I'm glad that I did it. Sorry, I forgot to take before and after pictures so you'll just have to use your imagination. It's really not that exciting but thought I'd post something on this blog which I've been very deliquent in updating.

No comments: